Design of equipments and development of new construction processes
The challenges faced by the construction companies are an example of the degree of development reached in civil engineering and of the technology component employed. GITECO, apart from the field of application of the other research lines, has led a number of projects focused on the improvement of construction systems and the development of new tools, helping to get new objectives and to minimize costs related to public works.
- New technology to assemble high altitude wind turbines
- Research for the optimization of gravity foundations for offshore wind turbines.
- Design of a new mixed metallic bridge thrust system.
- Development of mixed prefabricated towers(concrete and metallic) for high wind turbines: on and offshore.
- Development & design of a continuous concreting tunnel boring machine.
Visit the projects section